Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tandoori Chicken with Butter Sauce, Aloo Gobi and Basmati Rice (Michael Smith - Food Network)


Wow, this is one of my favorite Indian dishes!! Complete with Naan bread and basmati rice, minus the Aloo Gobi!! God love him, Jamie did all of this one himself -even the homemade curry powder!

Now, I'm no expert but it seems that this is two Indian dishes put together! I'm sure I've had Tandoori Chicken and Butter Chicken as two completely different dishes. This one was Tandoori Chicken done with a butter sauce!! There was lots of work to this, and we even had our smoke detectors going off!LOL The chicken was cooked in the oven on the highest temperature which probably had something to do with it!! The chicken was marinated overnight in the Tandoori marinade and the butter sauce was served over it once it was cooked.

This other dish, Aloo Gobi was the first time we've had this and it will be the last for me!! This plate you see pictured above was mine and when it was all said and done, mostly everything was gone except for the potato and cauliflower dish! I can't put my finger on it, but there was some flavor that didn't appeal to me and it only had potato, cauliflower, onions, cumin seeds, curry powder and a green chili in it??? Whatever it was, I didn't like it but Jamie did - so it was all worth it! The kids weren't fussy on it, but they tried and that's all that matters! You can't be adventurous without getting mixed reviews!!

Once again, my house had the lovely aroma of Indian spices gone through it and I went crazy with my candles and Febreeze bottle!LOL

These recipes were on-line actually on Michael Smith's show on the Food Network!! Shouldn't be too hard to find and it's definitely worth looking for! Thanks guys - again!!!

1 comment:

  1. MMMmmmmmmm.....butter chicken is my fav! I may have to make this one...sounds delish even the aloo gobi...guess you don't like cumin ...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete