Sunday, March 14, 2010

Curry Chicken Pot Pie


I have to start by saying I LOVE this dish!!! It is easy, full of vegetables and just such a comfort dish!! It is the kind of dish that you can use whatever you have in you freezer at the time and still love it!

I found this recipe on-line (there is one by Alton Brown - Food Network) just by typing in curry chicken pot pies and just kind of make it up as I go now!!

The first thing I do is bake two of my pie shells. I by two boxes because I find the mixture is more than enough for two and I leave the other box out to thaw to use to cover my pot pies when they go back into the oven.

I start with cooking my cubed chicken in olive oil with onions, celery, salt and pepper. Once cooked I add my chicken broth, usually the low sodium one, and my variety of frozen veggies and my curry powder. I usually use broccoli, corn, peas and carrots - but obviously you can pick your favorites! This time we used the frozen mixture that had green peas, carrots, lima beans, green beans and my favorite - corn!! This makes this dish so easy to make!!

Once the vegetables are ready, I add my cornstarch and water (just a little) to thicken up the filling! I fill up my two cooked pie shells and top them with the other two shells that I put aside!!

I bake the two of them on my sheet pan just until the top pastry is cooked and serve it right away - YUMMY!!!!!!

Hope you try this easy one and enjoy it as much as we do! This one is made by myself when we have it...funny how we have certain meals assigned to each other!LOL Hey, it works for us!! Truth be known, it's about a 30-70% ratio!!

A little tip - any left over filling can be frozen and made into another pot pie or Jamie likes to eat the mixture just as it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment